Twostep charging twinturbo-project on w124 OM603

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
Johnswe
Uusi tuttavuus
Uusi tuttavuus

Twostep charging twinturbo-project on w124 OM603

Viesti Kirjoittaja Johnswe »

Good evening 'all! First post on the forums, seems nice apart from my lack of capabilities reading finnish. :roll:

Im having this project on a '88 w124. Used to be a petrol 300E, but is now converted to the OM603-engine.
Building a setup based on twostep charging - two turbos with different size to reach low lag and high pressure. We'll see how that will work on a small engine like this.

My engine is the 603.912, nonturbocharged from the beginning. Am I correct to say that the weak point on this engine is the pistons?
What can I expect if I try to reach over 400whp with this stock engine?

I am pretty much ready to send my pump for modification. Planing to send the pump to Mynä - Ive heard they are the best at what they do. I have seen a phonenumber to Mynä, is that the best way to get in contact with them?
Turbocompound?
winmutt-
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Viesti Kirjoittaja winmutt- »

Its more than just the pistons. The crank, the valves the under piston oil squirters. You are better starting with a turboed eng and then working your way up.
Forced_Induction
Vakiokalustoa
Vakiokalustoa
Viesti:

Re: Twostep charging twinturbo-project on w124 OM603

Viesti Kirjoittaja Forced_Induction »

Johnswe kirjoitti:Building a setup based on twostep charging - two turbos with different size to reach low lag and high pressure.
You would be better off using a single VNT/VGT turbo. A GT3788V or Holset HE341Ve will spool just as fast as, if not faster, than a twostep turbo setup and easily support 400hp.
1982 300D
Maxed MW-Pump, Holset HE221W, straight pipe exhaust, A/W intercooler, W/M injection
W115 300D intake manifold, 2-Micron Baldwin BF7591-D fuel filter, W126 Gen-II front brakes
Webasto TSL-17 auxiliary hear, Battery relocated to the trunk, Factory skidplate, 15mm rear sway-bar
147HP, 220lb-ft at the rear wheels

2006 Honda Rebel Turbo Diesel
Kubota OC95, VZ21 turbocharger, Intercooler, Comet 40C/44D CVT
Vastaa Viestiin