Hi from Albania

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
djorgji
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Hi from Albania

Viesti Kirjoittaja djorgji »

Greetings all. Finally after more than an yea I managed to sign up here :lol: . I was always getting a registration email but it was in finnish, so I didn't know what to do with.

I have a '92 190D with the om602 turbo engine. I have the same questions as everyone else here. How to get more power :twisted: ?

I know that if I don't modify my stock IP I'm stuck at max 150hp. If I max my stock IP, do I need to increase the boost and/or install an intercooler? I read that you guys increase the max engine speed up to 6000 rpm. How safe is it? Can these engines withstand that speed without any modification?

Thanks for the help!

Deni
djorgji
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Does any of the Finnish tuners read the English section anymore? Some experience from you guys would be nice.

Thanks

Deni
Samuli H
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Samuli H »

Intercooler is a must if you are looking for more power. Om602 stock turbo is pretty small for any horsepower increase so if you can get somewhere om603 stock kkk turbo that should be enough for 150hp.

6000rpm is usually safe if you drive your car nice and don´t rev it up on purpose. You don´t usually have to use so much rpm with stock IP.

Hope this helps you.

Samuli
djorgji
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Intercooler is a must if you are looking for more power. Om602 stock turbo is pretty small for any horsepower increase so if you can get somewhere om603 stock kkk turbo that should be enough for 150hp.
So that would be an intercooler+stock om603 turbo+increasing fuel load on the ip for the ~150hp or just the i/c+turbo?

Can I use anyother turbos like one from a BMW 525tds (93-95) , VAG 2.5tdi (96-99) or from a 3.0L off road engine (like a pajero)?
6000rpm is usually safe if you drive your car nice and don´t rev it up on purpose. You don´t usually have to use so much rpm with stock IP.
Many times when my engine is up to temp, ~83*c I like to rev first and second. Is that considered "not nice"? If I have more RPMs I can use for a longer time the lower gears so better acceleration and easier driving on the mountains.
Hope this helps you.
No one messes with their engines in Albania so I'm pretty much the first one "experimenting". Any help is valuable, especially if it helps achieving good results with less headaches, if you know what I mean :P .

Thanks a lot and please keep the English Forums alive. What you do with your cars amazes me :D . I feel like a little child in the circus looking a magician doing tricks :D .

Deni
Samuli H
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Samuli H »

So that would be an intercooler+stock om603 turbo+increasing fuel load on the ip for the ~150hp or just the i/c+turbo?
Increasing fuel load is the thing which actually increases power. IC and bigger turbo increase engines life.
Can I use anyother turbos like one from a BMW 525tds (93-95) , VAG 2.5tdi (96-99) or from a 3.0L off road engine (like a pajero)?
525tds turbo is also quite small. I dont know which size those VAG or Pajero turbos are but for your configuration similar size turbo as that 300 DT KKK would be good.
Many times when my engine is up to temp, ~83*c I like to rev first and second. Is that considered "not nice"? If I have more RPMs I can use for a longer time the lower gears so better acceleration and easier driving on the mountains.
Fuel load is decreasing after predetermined rpm (maybe about 4500) so engine wont run to 6000 with max power. I think youll find that out after increasing rpm and load. With turbo diesel you dont have to use so much rpm.

Good luck with your project.
djorgji
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Thanks for your opinion Samuli :D !
Vastaa Viestiin