OM603 turbo into a w123 chassis: please some helping info!

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
canonballman
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Viesti Kirjoittaja canonballman »

Hi again!

My project has started :D .

Today pulled the 230TE engine out. Found some rust in the engine bay which I first want to get rid off.

one question (@ Jarski):

The propellor shaft is way to long, and the bolt holes are not in the same position. Which shaft have you used?
W126 shaft?
jarski
Asiantuntija
Asiantuntija

Viesti Kirjoittaja jarski »

canonballman kirjoitti:Hi again!

My project has started :D .

Today pulled the 230TE engine out. Found some rust in the engine bay which I first want to get rid off.

one question (@ Jarski):

The propellor shaft is way to long, and the bolt holes are not in the same position. Which shaft have you used?
W126 shaft?
Hi! I have used the propeller shaft, what is from w123 300D 4-speed manual. But there is 5-speed manual gearbox in my car..

You can change the part to gearbox, where are those 3 holes which are not in the same position now than the propeller shaft.
w115,123,124,126,210 yms.
canonballman
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Mm, dont understand what you have Jarski, but now I have bought a w126 axle that fits, so I am ok.

Another question: You put on 1 side of the engine 1 extra plate of 10mm thick (me too off course).

Why have you done this?
Isnt the engine OUT off the middle that way?
Or have you measured this?

Anyway: on both sides i need about 4mm extra, so I am gonna fix some extra 4mm steel plates
canonballman
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Never mind, the engine is in position! :D

I had to cut away a piece from the chassis, because the turbo was hitting the chassis.
And on the passenger side, i used an extra plate of 10 mm, so altogether on that side 30 mm of steel plate.

I have pictures: if someone wants to see them, let me know, but I dont have webspace, or capabilities to put them on the web (I am into cars, not computers)

Now I am gonna build the rest of the stuff: al electronic things, waterhoses, several radiators (intercooler, 2 oilcoolers and the water cooler), gear lever etc.
At last I am gonna fit a differential from a w116 6.9 litres which i just bought.
It's a limited slip, with exact the same ratio as a w124 om603 turbo (where i have my engine and transmission from)

Thanks for your help so far, Jarski!
mybenz123
Uusi tuttavuus
Uusi tuttavuus

Viesti Kirjoittaja mybenz123 »

Hi Reinier.

Could you please email me some pictures
I would like to do the same converion you did
and pictures speak a 1000 words.

loulazu@comcast.net

I'm in the US

Thank you.

Louis.
TheDon
Uusi tuttavuus
Uusi tuttavuus

Viesti Kirjoittaja TheDon »

I am looking for more information and the related pictures to do the om603 swap for my W123

my email is

skateboarderx24@gmail.com

thanks!
winmutt-
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Viesti Kirjoittaja winmutt- »

None of the links work in here, anyone have updated urls?
Vastaa Viestiin