400Nm from OM602?

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
Mitch H
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

400Nm from OM602?

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mitch H »

I have a 1987 190D turbo engine, rated 168 ft-lb, 228 Nm. I believe that replacing the 5.5mm pump elements with 7mm would provide enough fuel for 369Nm with no other change to the pump, and a simple adjustment of less than 10% would take me to 400Nm. A little work on the governor should then give me over 250hp. Am I correct, or am I missing something important here?

I realize that other changes would be necessary, such as intercooler and HX35, but can I obtain 300ft-lb or 400Nm for without doing more to the injection pump?

Would Mynä Diesel sell me five of the 7mm elements? I am trying to avoid the expense of shipping my pump overseas.
veskola
Valvoja
Valvoja
Viesti:

Re: 400Nm from OM602?

Viesti Kirjoittaja veskola »

Hello,

I don't want to speculate how much torque one is able to get from some engine without modifications becase you can get lot of power but the reliability will be poor. with stock turbocharger etc.

On is not able to install elements at home, there is always needed a diesel service with equipments to adjust the pump internally correctly. Mynä-Diesel will add exterior adjustment posibility to the pump and therefore later it is easy to adjust how much torque and power you want to get out.

My strong recommendation is to sen pump to Mynä diesel and to make some other updates to the engine , e.g. larger turbo charger, free flow air intake, better exthaus pipe etc.
Lisää tietoa: www.skg.fi
Mitch H
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Thank you Veskola.
I am aware of the need to rebalance the cylinders after disturbing the pump elements, and that much needs to be done to the car to enable the use of the extra fuel. I also know that much more power is available from Mynä than I can get from simply replacing the elements.

Sending the pump to Mynä is not in my budget now. There is a Mynä modified 602 pump here in the USA, the owner paid more for the pump than I paid for my entire car (2.3-16V).

I was hoping that somebody on this forum would know if replacing the 5.5mm elements with 7mm would result in 62% increase in fuel to the engine.
veskola
Valvoja
Valvoja
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja veskola »

7 mm elements provided by Mynä-Diesel (they have made/ordered own type of elements) the pump could give about ~130 mm3 / 1000 power strokes for each cylinder.

In theory and this depends highly of the efficiency of the engine you could get about 520 Nm if there is 5 cylinders, it means ower 300 kW with 5500 rpm. This is not only theory becase there is documents of 527 hv / 630 Nm with 6 cylenders. I'm not sure but i think there is at least one 6 cylender engine with about 800 Nm torque but the problem is that kind of torque is absolutely too much to handle with stock transmission line :twisted: .

Koodi: Valitse kaikki

polttoaineen lämpöarvo	4,30E+07	J/kg
polttoaineen tiheys	0,8450	kg/dm3
hyötysuhde max tehon kierrosluvulla	27,9	%
sylinterien määrä	5	
max tehon kierrosluku	5500	rpm
poltettu syöttömäärä max teholla	130	cm3/1000iskua
teho	302,01	kW
	410,74	hv
vääntö	524,38	Nm
If you want to ask if Mynä-Diesel is able to sell/send elements you could send private message to "Antti A." but i think they are not too interest to sell elements without installation service.
Lisää tietoa: www.skg.fi
Mitch H
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

veskola kirjoitti:
If you want to ask if Mynä-Diesel is able to sell/send elements you could send private message to "Antti A."
Thank you, I sent Antti a message. I hope he reads English.
Vastaa Viestiin