Someone is concerned about superturbo diesel cars' pollution

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
Tuc
Vakiokalustoa
Vakiokalustoa

Someone is concerned about superturbo diesel cars' pollution

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tuc »

I got this message... first is my answer, then the original message.

Hi.

I don't know why you're posting me this. I have a gasoline powered Mercedes and my father has a 2003 Vito 112 cdi with very low co2-levels and all.

There are only a few of those super turbo diesel cars, and they only pollute when speeding at full throttle. When people drive these cars normally, they consume only 6-7 litres per 100km on highway. There are 1 000 000 more serious things than 10 cars in finland that pollute when people test them at full throttle 10 times a year.

For example, you should write to U.S. politicians and ask why American cars pollute 50% more than average cars in Europe. And if you ever go on an airplane, it pollutes more than all the super turbo mercedes cars in Finland added together.

I'm really happy that people are concerned about the state of the world, but this issue isn't really a problem.

Yours cincerely

Tuukka Simonen, finland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lähettäjä: Mirco Benker [mailto:mirco.benker@ilnet.ch]
Lähetetty: ti 26.4.2005 22:58
Vastaanottaja: t_simonen@hotmail.com
Kopio: Simonen, Tuukka
Aihe: Dieselcars.......

hey you fools, you should be beaten for your senseless dieselcars, when i think about the pollution. when you have no money for power in a car, just let it be. Here we talk about diesel smoke, that is a problem actually and really assholes and motherfuckers like you nordian stupid and ugly idiots don't know anything better..........how stupid you have to be ?! somebody should kill you all, this is damn serious.
Viimeksi muokannut Tuc, Ke 27.04.2005 13:42. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Taxana
Asiantuntija
Asiantuntija

Re: Someone is concerned about superturbo diesel cars' pollu

Viesti Kirjoittaja Taxana »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lähettäjä: Mirco Benker [mailto:mirco.benker@ilnet.ch]
Lähetetty: ti 26.4.2005 22:58
Vastaanottaja: t_simonen@hotmail.com
Kopio: Simonen, Tuukka
Aihe: Dieselcars.......

hey you fools, you should be beaten for your senseless dieselcars, when i think about the pollution. when you have no money for power in a car, just let it be. Here we talk about diesel smoke, that is a problem actually and really assholes and motherfuckers like you nordian stupid and ugly idiots don't know anything better..........how stupid you have to be ?! somebody should kill you all, this is damn serious.
Not even worth an answer... Get a life.
S 300 Turbodiesel (W 140) 1998
560 SEC (C 126) 1988
E 270 CDI T (S 210) 2003
200 E (W124) 1992 ajettu 70 tkm

B6 600 9066 Hardtail mountain bike 2000

Ex E 220 CDI T (S 210) 2003
Ex 200 B (W 123) 1983
Ex E 220 CDI T (S 210) 2000
Ex E 250 D (W 124) 1994
Ex 200 D (W 124) 1991
Ex 300 CE-24 (C 124) 1990
Kipsu
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kipsu »

Niin paljonkos ne jenkkien SUV:it (sub urban vehicle) sitten painavatkaa?? Riittääkö edes 2,5 tonnia siihen. Ja mikäköhän on keskimääräinen romutusikä autoilla jenkkilässä (5v.)?
Ja uusien autojen valmistushan ei kuormita yhtään ympäristöä, ainakaan mainostajien mukaan.

Anteeksi vaan niille joille tuollainen uusi SUV tulee tarpeeseen, mutta jos siellä maassa kakaratkin käyvät collegessa noilla "hyökkäysvaunuilla" niin hyvää päivää, huomenta tai ihan miten vaan.

Itsellä ei ole aikaa kirjoitella vasta-argumenttejä, mutta kirjoittaisin jos olisi.
Perrkele.. tuommoisesta kulutusyhteiskunnasta tulevat meitä neuvomaan.
nokileka
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja nokileka »

aineksia seuraavaan sähköpostiin :twisted:
super turbo tuned Mercedes uses every drop of fuel much more efficiently than it used from the factory. those rare occassions like passing a truck, driver is maybe forced to use some extra power for safety, but full throttle acceleration time is very much limited by drivers instinct of self-preservation.

i'm very delighted to see, that you're intrested of enviromental values. we're intrested of those as much you do. therefore, we like to keep our old daily commuters up to date and use latest innovations from diesel tuning in order to help to save our planet.
1992 W201 & S124 [size=75]TURBODIESEL[/size]
Tomi
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tomi »

holy's shit
Tomi
R129 500 SL -94
S124 E 220 -95
audi A6 2.8 quattro -98
Haisuli
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Haisuli »

:lol: Just näin.
Masta 6_2_6
Väliaikainen mese tuolla: http://mesefi.forumup.com/
Zeitgeist
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zeitgeist »

Not sure if that guy's even an American, but it would be a bit ironic if we were to start bitching about Finland's pollution, when we Americans produce something like 40% of the world's total toxic emissions.

Speaking of emissions, do any of you run biodiesel in your cars in Finland? I'd like to experiment with using water injection along with my intercooler, which should further cool the intake air, and reduce Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) emissions when running biodiesel.
Casey

'87 300TD w/606
'90 300D 2.5t
'94 100CSQ Avant
'89 Transporter Bluestar
Mauri H.
Valvoja
Valvoja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mauri H. »

I really hate to say, but I'm quite convinced that my car pollutes less than original, even when driven with full throttle. No visible smoke at all, and efficiency is very high.

I would be more concerned about those diesels that have their injection pump adjusted poorly, they smoke much more.

This genius seems to be from Switzerland, :mrgreen:
Daaz
Mobilisti
Mobilisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Daaz »

Polution-schmolution. The dude is a walking example of the don't-understand-anything-greens. First of all he should define "pollution". Is he talking about carbon dioxide, nitrous oxides or what? "Pollution" is a good word for propaganda and scaring people, but is takes a "really assholes and motherfuckers like us nordian stupid and ugly idiots" to ask for a definition.

The dude mentioned "diesel smoke", by which he probably meant the black stuff that comes from the tail pipe in full throttle, if ever. Those are fine particles, but calling them pollution that threatens the Swiss is a bit far out. Some fine particles are real deadly, but we really don't know anything about them yet. It is thought, though, that those diesel smoke particles aren't the biggest threat to the regional environment or people.

It's OK to be concerned, but another thing to be stupid. Mirco Benker should find out about things and quit thinking with his friends’ brains.

-Daaz
Speed kills, but it also makes you very fast.
114.073 1976 (H) – 114.023 1974 (H) – 114.073 1975 (V) – 114.073 1974 (V) – 126.046 1990 (M)
mygreen300d
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Re: Someone is concerned about superturbo diesel cars' pollu

Viesti Kirjoittaja mygreen300d »

Tuc kirjoitti:hey you fools, you should be beaten for your senseless dieselcars, when i think about the pollution. when you have no money for power in a car, just let it be. Here we talk about diesel smoke, that is a problem actually and really assholes and motherfuckers like you nordian stupid and ugly idiots don't know anything better..........how stupid you have to be ?! somebody should kill you all, this is damn serious.
next time ur at your common sense store, ask if you can buy a new life. If not, there is always ebay. The only thing diesels produce more of is particles, and they are the least harmfull of all exhaust matter
e320
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja e320 »

I believe that if Mirco would ever land his foot here and open up like that, he'd be surprised how wonderful a view you can find behind a finnish sauna.

8)
Ylläpito
PR Admin
PR Admin

Citydiesel

Viesti Kirjoittaja Ylläpito »

Some points that should be taken to consideration when talking about car pollution in Finland:

Although we have an unbearably high car tax that forces people to drive old and thus more polluting cars, the gasoline used is among the cleanest in the world.

Finnish gasoline has high octane levels, no lead whatsoever and even the additives have been selected with low emissions in mind.

The european cars in general are small and have small, way less polluting engines than the US engines and cars.

Diesel is a fuel that has low emissions to begin with, and what the superturbo guys are doing is enhancing the burning of the diesel fuel by additional air - thus the cars really do run cleaner than they did out of the factory.

There are different kinds of fuels depending of where it was pumped from. The Russian and American raw oil has a tremendous amount of fossiles in it - yes, dead plants and insects and dinosaurs, the middle-east oil has a lower amount and the oil pumped from the Barent sea close to Norwegian shore has a very low count of fossile particles in it, thus it is cleaner to begin with. Basically all fuel enriched and consumed in Finland comes from Norway and this also helps to keep the emissions low on its own behalf.

As diesel is concerned, majority of the diesel sold in Finland is so called "Citydiesel" which is as clean as it gets and also contains additives to help it to pollute less.

Not to mention that diesle cars, especially when superturboed, consume about HALF of the fuel they would if they were freely breathing gasoline cars. Now if you drive 100 km and burn 5 litres of diesel in your STW Merc or if you drive the same distance and burn 10 or 12 litres (or even 8 if you drive slow) of gasoline, just guess which one causes more pollution?

Personally I would love nothing more than an electric, LPG or hydrogen powered Mercedes, and I would be just glad to start burning hydrogen in my Harley as well. Unfortunately living in the same height as Alaska, the damned things are quite useless in the winter. Let's hope that technology will eventually lead to winterproof advances in alternate fuels.

Henkka / The site admin

"My first real job after my MBA was at the Finnish office of Shell corporation. Long time ago but I do still recall some facts from that time"
"Tyytyväisyys on kehityksen loppu ja rappeutumisen alku"
XUX63
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja XUX63 »

one thing I would all you to remember that the Finnish company named Neste, deliverers gasoline to Florida - I think that all of you know what it means in states... it is truly cleanest gasoline in the world !!!

Other thing I would you all remind too is that diesel engine is the only one you can use in the mines, how about SUV there - a few people may die ???

hmmm....
Vastaa Viestiin