Greetings from Tropical Malaysia.

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
kevtan
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Greetings from Tropical Malaysia.

Viesti Kirjoittaja kevtan »

Hello to all the diesel guru here.

I came to this forum by the guidance of tuikku. I am amazed at what tuikku have done to his 200cdi and am currently going thru his post here in turbot. It is very difficult as I do not know Finnish. I have not gone thru the posts but am learning a lot of useful information.

I just bought a 2003 w211 e220cdi manual transmission used as a taxi with 648,000km on the clock!!! When I got the car it has been overhauled with new liners and pistons. On the first real test the engine broke!!! Apparently the balancer was not installed correctly and the timing of the balancer shaft was out.

The engine was rebuilt with a balanced crankshafts oversized bearings and other parts but without the balancer gear on the crankshaft. The balancer is no longer running. Even without the balancer but with the reciprocating parts balanced the engine runs fine but with a hint of shake on low revs below 1500 rpm.

After going thru tuikku post I decided to install the AMG nozzle to the original injectors. It works and I got extra power that can be felt. Unfortunately the smoke on low rpm of 1,000 -1,5000 can also be seen. Is there anything that can be done to lessen the smoke??

I am planning to make a bigger intercooler as the stock intercooler is a joke like tuikku said. With the power cut at 50degC it makes the intercooler useless as the ambient temperature here is 26degC at night and 36degC daytime all year round. Another thing that others has done to reduce the manifold temperature is to install a water methanol injection. What do you guys think??

Another upgrade is to install a bigger turbo. I have a 270cdi and a 320 cdi turbo. Which should be installed and what are the hp and Nm from the turbo with the AMG nozzle injectors??

Please help me as there are no cdi lover in Malaysia and I am alone. I hope to convert many more with this modded e220cdi.
CDI203
Asiantuntija
Asiantuntija
Paikkakunta: Tarpeen mukaan (enimmän osan aikaa etelä suomessa) Kuusen alla N60° E24°

Re: Greetings from Tropical Malaysia.

Viesti Kirjoittaja CDI203 »

kevtan kirjoitti: After going thru tuikku post I decided to install the AMG nozzle to the original injectors. It works and I got extra power that can be felt. Unfortunately the smoke on low rpm of 1,000 -1,5000 can also be seen. Is there anything that can be done to lessen the smoke??
You need program change (or moor air or booth)
kevtan kirjoitti: I am planning to make a bigger intercooler as the stock intercooler is a joke like tuikku said. With the power cut at 50degC it makes the intercooler useless as the ambient temperature here is 26degC at night and 36degC daytime all year round. Another thing that others has done to reduce the manifold temperature is to install a water methanol injection. What do you guys think??
Yes orginal intercooler is bad joke, beter intercooler is necessary and whit water methanol injection is good
(methanol injection difficult for everyday driving, litele tank...)
kevtan kirjoitti: Another upgrade is to install a bigger turbo. I have a 270cdi and a 320 cdi turbo. Which should be installed and what are the hp and Nm from the turbo with the AMG nozzle injectors??

Please help me as there are no cdi lover in Malaysia and I am alone. I hope to convert many more with this modded e220cdi.
270cdi and a 320 cdi turbo is booth aal most bolt on 320 is need litele moor modification pipes
270 rais torgue too much(turbo weik up low rmp) low rmp, clutch and twomass flywheel not like, need limit torqe in program
(320 weik up leiter)

hope this help
Yhteydet YV:lä viestiin oma puh no
voi myös koittaa soitella +358 1810EBB4
MA-PE 17-21
;)
EI TEKSTIVIESTEJÄ (edes talvella)

100% tilasta käytössä (200 viestiä 200:sta tallennettu)

jotain usein kyseltyjä juttuja
http://www.mese.fi/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
http://www.mese.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23680
http://www.mersuforum.net/forum/viewtop ... 11#p807311
http://www.mersuforum.net/forum/viewtop ... 7&t=126659
:)
DBFI
Asiantuntija
Asiantuntija

Viesti Kirjoittaja DBFI »

CDI203 kirjoitti:
kevtan kirjoitti: After going thru tuikku post I decided to install the AMG nozzle to the original injectors. It works and I got extra power that can be felt. Unfortunately the smoke on low rpm of 1,000 -1,5000 can also be seen. Is there anything that can be done to lessen the smoke??
You need a program change (or more air or both)
kevtan kirjoitti: I am planning to make a bigger intercooler as the stock intercooler is a joke like tuikku said. With the power cut at 50degC it makes the intercooler useless as the ambient temperature here is 26degC at night and 36degC daytime all year round. Another thing that others has done to reduce the manifold temperature is to install a water methanol injection. What do you guys think??
Yes original intercooler is a bad joke, a better intercooler is necessary and is good with water methanol injection
(methanol injection is difficult for everyday driving, little tank...)
kevtan kirjoitti: Another upgrade is to install a bigger turbo. I have a 270cdi and a 320 cdi turbo. Which should be installed and what are the hp and Nm from the turbo with the AMG nozzle injectors??

270 cdi and a 320 cdi turbo are both almost bolt on, 320 needs a bit more modification pipes.
270 raises torque too much at low rpm (turbo wakes up at low rpm), clutch and the dual mass flywheel do not like it, need to limit torque in program
(320 wakes up later).

hope this helps
:thumbup:

Hopefully some editing is accepted for clarification, cannot make it perfect English, not really needed either but some words may make the original comment difficult to interpret (we do not need a phone booth or elks etc.).
kevtan
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Thank you guys so much for the replies. Sorry for the late replies but am now in China Xiamen and have no access to the net. I can understand the difficulty in communicating in third language. English is also not my native but 3rd language.

So on the 1st reply I need to reprogram for more air and less fuelling?

Bought a Snow Performance water meth system. Which would be a good place to put the nozzle, the aluminum pipe where the EGR inlet ( which i have cut and smooth out just like tuikku ) or the plastic inlet manifold? Or should hte nozzles be installed somewhere else?

I also have a w211 e270cdi with automatic 722.640 gearbox. So should I use the 320 turbo in the 270 and the 270 turbo in the 220? If so what are the good and bad points in doing so? As I understand the previous reply, the 320 turbo "should" work better with the 220 as it would wake up later up the rpm but have better power up the rev?

What is the recommended turbo for the 270 with the 722.640 auto gearbox?
CDI203
Asiantuntija
Asiantuntija
Paikkakunta: Tarpeen mukaan (enimmän osan aikaa etelä suomessa) Kuusen alla N60° E24°

Viesti Kirjoittaja CDI203 »

Program to reduce fuel or somehow increase the air

in practice, the air must not be more so that the first (low RMP and low-speed driving), the smoke would disappear amg injector,
ie you need a new program

w211, 270 CDI automatic transmission 320 turbo model is good, or someone even bigger,

220 CDI manual gearbox with the 270 Turbo model, producing too much torque, low speed and low RMP,
of the problems, dual mass flywheel and clutch with
torque limitation of the program can change but it is easier to model 320 turbo with the
Model 220 can also change the model 270 dual-mass flywheel and clutch they can tolerate a much better torque than the 220 ​​model

a good place to put the nozzle somewhere compression pipe 90-degree bend after intercooler so that the injected directly into the air flow,
is well-mixed

hope this helps you
Yhteydet YV:lä viestiin oma puh no
voi myös koittaa soitella +358 1810EBB4
MA-PE 17-21
;)
EI TEKSTIVIESTEJÄ (edes talvella)

100% tilasta käytössä (200 viestiä 200:sta tallennettu)

jotain usein kyseltyjä juttuja
http://www.mese.fi/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
http://www.mese.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23680
http://www.mersuforum.net/forum/viewtop ... 11#p807311
http://www.mersuforum.net/forum/viewtop ... 7&t=126659
:)
kevtan
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Thanks for the pointers, am now in Anxi China.

I will try to mount the water meth nozzle at the bottom just after the intercooler and after the sensor as suggested.

Had to change the clutch cover and clutch after installing the AMG nozzles because they were slipping and smelling. They came in a set made by LUK and is the only 1 available in my country as Benz do not import manual models anymore. I do not have the part number.

If you can provide the 270 dual mass flywheel and clutch part number I can ask my parts supplier to get for me or I can order direct from the net.

I have asked my tuner to reprogram my 220 but he is not experienced in this model. He said he need a modified program in order for him to see what needs to be changed as there are too many changes made to the car. He is afraid that the car will melt down. Without a reference program he will not touch my car!! Please help!! I am willing to pay for the program even if it is just for reference.
Vastaa Viestiin